What is One Person Company (OPC) Registration?
The One Person Company (OPC) was recently introduced as a strong improvement over the sole proprietorship. It gives a single promoter full control over the company while limiting his/her liability to contributions to the business. This person will be the only director and shareholder (there is a nominee director, but with no power until the original director is incapable of entering into contract).
TO BE SUBMITTED BY DIRECTOR
- Scanned copy of PAN Card of Proposed Director
- Scanned copy of Latest Bank Statement/Telephone or Mobile Bill/Electricity or Gas Bill or Adhar Card
- Scanned passport-sized photograph
Note: The director must self-attest the first three documents. In case of foreign nationals and NRIs, all the documents must be notarised (if currently in India or a non-Commonwealth country) or apostilled (if in a Commonwealth country).
FOR THE REGISTERED OFFICE
- Scanned copy of Latest Bank Statement/Telephone or Mobile Bill/Electricity or Gas Bill
- Scanned copy of Notarised Rental Agreement in English
- Scanned copy of No-objection Certificate from property owner
- Scanned copy of Sale Deed/Property Deed in English (in case of owned property)
Note: Your registered office need not be a commercial space; it can be your residence, too.